Date: November 2012
La Playa is pleased to announce its new partnership with Aston Martin Works - the historic home of Aston Martin and unique 21st century sales facility, as a trusted insurance partner.
Aston Martin Works is a shrine to the iconic British brand - a living and breathing workshop facility for vehicle servicing, repair and restoration of both new and classic Aston Martins. Aston Martin Works is the first and only direct showroom of the brand, providing the Aston Martin aficionados with an impassioned buying experience. To compliment this, La Playa is on-hand to provide exceptional service, peace of mind and comprehensive insurance protection.
“The partnership with Aston Martin Works is a great fit - La Playa’s own values mirror that of Aston Martin’s: discerning, independent, individual. La Playa’s mantra of ‘Insurance with Intelligence’ is unique and helped the company stand head and shoulders above the competition. It’s our privilege to provide insurance and advice to Aston Martin Works’ clientele for their new purchases and beyond.” Mike Taylor-West, Head of Private Client & Marine, London.
La Playa Private Clients provide insurance portfolios to those with a range of luxury items: homes, cars, boats, jewelry and antiques, but to name a few. Working with a collection of specialist insurers La Playa are able to provide solutions that truly reflect and exceed client expectations, all of which are delivered with La Playa’s trademark boutique style. With in-house art, motor and yacht expertise, they deliver outstanding service and enjoy a client retention rate of 97%.
Mike has over 18 years’ experience in Private Client and Marine Insurance and operates from London, the home of global marine insurance.
A client’s Aston Martin DB6, inherited from his father, was insured for £100,000. On the way to a family event the DB6 was hit and damaged extensively. The insurer chauffeured the client and his wife to the event, then took the car to his preferred garage.
Repairs were estimated at £110,000. Most insurers deem a car a write-off if repairs cost over 60% of its value. With a Portfolio Policy the client could choose a £100,000 cash payment – but because of the sentimental value he chose repair.
The insurer paid over the Agreed Value and charged no excess as it was a total loss. The car was returned in 6 weeks in perfect order.
La Playa's Personal Risk Concierge service means advice you can trust - from an expert who understands you:
Independent and specialist
As an independent broker, we can advise on the best policies available - and on risk management measures including valuations, security, fire prevention and property marking - preserving the value of your property and giving you complete peace of mind. We have access to excellent terms with market-leading high net worth insurers.
In-house Wealth Management
We see insurance as integral to your financial planning - and our in-house financial advice team provides Wealth Management, Pensions and Financial Planning; a joined up approach with a team of advisers working for your best financial interests - all under one roof.
What does “Boutique Service” actually mean?
La Playa’s Personal Risk Concierge means:
1. A dedicated adviser so you can speak to the same person each time
2. Careful listening to really understand your needs and priorities
3. As much help as you need with completing forms to provide risk information
4. A discreet and complimentary appraisal* of your property to assess the risks and ensure you have the right cover where you need it
5. An independent market review market - so you don’t have to shop around comparing policies, cover limits, risks covered and smallprint exclusions
6. Careful monitoring of the insurers’ financial strength, claims and customer service
7. An independent recommendation of the best policy for you - and, importantly, why
8. Specialist policy wordings from underwriters who have demonstrated excellence and deep understanding of your risk exposures. We have analysed a wide range of policy wordings and have selected only the best for our panel. Our advisers have a deep working knowledge of these policies
9. An intelligently designed portfolio of protection across multiple asset classes and territories
10. Advice on how best to manage your risks - to keep you safe but also to keep insurance costs down
11. Expert guidance on valuations, security and risk management, and connecting you with specialist advisers and suppliers
12. Direct phone, mobile and email access to your adviser for questions and advice. We aim to respond to emails within 60 minutes
13. Policy documents emailed to you - no logins and passwords to remember
14. An advocate beside you if you make a claim - thinking laterally to mitigate the impact, making useful connections to get you back up and running; driving through to a swift and fair financial settlement
*subject to availability with our insurer panel