It's important to think through the "What If" questions. What would happen to your family if you were injured or critically ill, or if you died? We'll help you work up a plan for:
Your family protection plan can provide a lump sum (or income) to replace any lost income due to death. It might include:
We'll guide you to making the right choices so that your loved ones have some security if anything happens to you.
It’s important to plan for the worst case scenario – what would happen if you were injured or critically ill, or if you died?
Critical Illness cover is designed to pay a lump sum on diagnosis of a critical illness such as cancer. It can be used to replace lost income, or to pay for medical fees/treatments. Critical illness cover allows you focus on getting better without worrying about money.
What would happen if you became too ill to work? How would you survive financially?
Having income protection means that your income is replaced if you're unable to work due to long-term incapacity. Income protection supplements any employer arrangements, which will not usually continue over a long period of absence. State benefits may be available but are very limited.
When a severe and debilitating disease is prevalent it can be very daunting and stressful. Long Term Care insurance will provide assistance to those suffering, usually of chronic and incurable conditions. Unfortunately the NHS are unable to cover all the costs associated with such conditions so the need for this benefit is very real and relied upon heavily.
Mortgage Protection can help if you get into disarray with your mortgage repayments.
Mortgage Protection will provide a lump sum to repay any contractual liabilities including a mortgage. Usually the cover will only last for the outstanding mortgage or loan term. This is a relatively simple & cost effective protection plan.
If you get ill, private medical insurance can pay for certain medical consultations, treatment and surgery, so that you don’t need to rely on the NHS. As well as providing a safety net and peace of mind, it can also give you more choice as to where you’re seen and by whom; clean, modern hospitals; private rooms; and access to advanced cancer drugs that aren’t universally available through the NHS.
It can speed up recovery times, thereby allowing the individual to return to work more quickly. Our policies can cover both individuals and families - talk to us about how this might work for you. If you're moving to the UK, our English guide is available in Russian and Arabic.
La Playa's Personal Risk Concierge service means advice you can trust - from an expert who understands you:
Independent and specialist
As an independent broker, we can advise on the best policies available - and on risk management measures including valuations, security, fire prevention and property marking - preserving the value of your property and giving you complete peace of mind. We have access to excellent terms with market-leading high net worth insurers.
In-house Wealth Management
We see insurance as integral to your financial planning - and our in-house financial advice team provides Wealth Management, Pensions and Financial Planning; a joined up approach with a team of advisers working for your best financial interests - all under one roof.
What does “Boutique Service” actually mean?
La Playa’s Personal Risk Concierge means:
1. A dedicated adviser so you can speak to the same person each time
2. Careful listening to really understand your needs and priorities
3. As much help as you need with completing forms to provide risk information
4. A discreet and complimentary appraisal* of your property to assess the risks and ensure you have the right cover where you need it
5. An independent market review market - so you don’t have to shop around comparing policies, cover limits, risks covered and smallprint exclusions
6. Careful monitoring of the insurers’ financial strength, claims and customer service
7. An independent recommendation of the best policy for you - and, importantly, why
8. Specialist policy wordings from underwriters who have demonstrated excellence and deep understanding of your risk exposures. We have analysed a wide range of policy wordings and have selected only the best for our panel. Our advisers have a deep working knowledge of these policies
9. An intelligently designed portfolio of protection across multiple asset classes and territories
10. Advice on how best to manage your risks - to keep you safe but also to keep insurance costs down
11. Expert guidance on valuations, security and risk management, and connecting you with specialist advisers and suppliers
12. Direct phone, mobile and email access to your adviser for questions and advice. We aim to respond to emails within 60 minutes
13. Policy documents emailed to you - no logins and passwords to remember
14. An advocate beside you if you make a claim - thinking laterally to mitigate the impact, making useful connections to get you back up and running; driving through to a swift and fair financial settlement
*subject to availability with our insurer panel