Statuary, Antique Urns, Valuable Plants, Ride-On Mowers, Shed Contents and Antique Garden Furniture.
How much loving care (and financial investment!) goes into your garden every year? What if you came home to find it stripped of valuable plants, ornaments and machinery?
Gardening fever seems to have hit even the criminal underworld! Following the recent wave of television programmes on gardening and makeovers, householders are furnishing their outdoor plots with valuable antique statues, water features, urns. All these treasures add style and investment value, but make your peaceful haven vulnerable to theft and damage.
Alarming statistics are filtering through about theft from gardens, and it's not limited to grounds of stately homes; it's private homes too. Initially the thefts were focused on garden statuary, urns and ornamental gates. Now, however, thieves are more audacious:
There has even been a spate of thefts of entire gardens - every plant stripped away!
Read our advice on Garden Security.
One recent case involved antique urns: “The house looked strange - there was something missing. It took a few moments to realise that the large pair of Victorian urns, overflowing with beautiful blooms, that only yesterday had flanked the pillars of the porchway, were there no more”. When this householder tried to make an insurance claim, he ran into major problems when they insisted he obtain a professional valuation and would only settle in full if he produced an invoice and replaced the items.
It seems nothing is sacred any longer - so it's vital to ensure that outside effects are properly insured.
Mr P, Private Client
La Playa's Personal Risk Concierge service means advice you can trust - from an expert who understands you:
Independent and specialist
As an independent broker, we can advise on the best policies available - and on risk management measures including valuations, security, fire prevention and property marking - preserving the value of your property and giving you complete peace of mind. We have access to excellent terms with market-leading high net worth insurers.
In-house Wealth Management
We see insurance as integral to your financial planning - and our in-house financial advice team provides Wealth Management, Pensions and Financial Planning; a joined up approach with a team of advisers working for your best financial interests - all under one roof.
What does “Boutique Service” actually mean?
La Playa’s Personal Risk Concierge means:
1. A dedicated adviser so you can speak to the same person each time
2. Careful listening to really understand your needs and priorities
3. As much help as you need with completing forms to provide risk information
4. A discreet and complimentary appraisal* of your property to assess the risks and ensure you have the right cover where you need it
5. An independent market review market - so you don’t have to shop around comparing policies, cover limits, risks covered and smallprint exclusions
6. Careful monitoring of the insurers’ financial strength, claims and customer service
7. An independent recommendation of the best policy for you - and, importantly, why
8. Specialist policy wordings from underwriters who have demonstrated excellence and deep understanding of your risk exposures. We have analysed a wide range of policy wordings and have selected only the best for our panel. Our advisers have a deep working knowledge of these policies
9. An intelligently designed portfolio of protection across multiple asset classes and territories
10. Advice on how best to manage your risks - to keep you safe but also to keep insurance costs down
11. Expert guidance on valuations, security and risk management, and connecting you with specialist advisers and suppliers
12. Direct phone, mobile and email access to your adviser for questions and advice. We aim to respond to emails within 60 minutes
13. Policy documents emailed to you - no logins and passwords to remember
14. An advocate beside you if you make a claim - thinking laterally to mitigate the impact, making useful connections to get you back up and running; driving through to a swift and fair financial settlement
*subject to availability with our insurer panel