Listed buildings are works of art. Yet many property owners, brokers and insurance companies are unaware of the complexities involved in insuring them properly. There are nearly 500,000 listed buildings in England and their owners have a great responsibility to preserve and protect them for future generations. In fact, the consequences of knowingly under-insuring a Grade 1 listed building could involve legal action.
So how can you ensure that your listed building is properly valued and protected? A standard “off-the-shelf” insurance policy may not be suitable for a Grade 2 listed property - it's worth upgrading to a specialist policy that comes with the advice you'll need. As well as the extra peace of mind, this could save you money both on premiums and on claims settlement.
It's important to work with a listed building broker who will take time to assess your specific needs. And after a claim, you'll want sympathy and efficiency, not more hassle. La Playa's specialist policies provide cover for “All Risks” including accidental damage, and we can advise on:
Click here for our datasheet Insuring Period & Listed Buildings.
La Playa's Personal Risk Concierge service means advice you can trust - from an expert who understands you:
Independent and specialist
As an independent broker, we can advise on the best policies available - and on risk management measures including valuations, security, fire prevention and property marking - preserving the value of your property and giving you complete peace of mind. We have access to excellent terms with market-leading high net worth insurers.
In-house Wealth Management
We see insurance as integral to your financial planning - and our in-house financial advice team provides Wealth Management, Pensions and Financial Planning; a joined up approach with a team of advisers working for your best financial interests - all under one roof.
What does “Boutique Service” actually mean?
La Playa’s Personal Risk Concierge means:
1. A dedicated adviser so you can speak to the same person each time
2. Careful listening to really understand your needs and priorities
3. As much help as you need with completing forms to provide risk information
4. A discreet and complimentary appraisal* of your property to assess the risks and ensure you have the right cover where you need it
5. An independent market review market - so you don’t have to shop around comparing policies, cover limits, risks covered and smallprint exclusions
6. Careful monitoring of the insurers’ financial strength, claims and customer service
7. An independent recommendation of the best policy for you - and, importantly, why
8. Specialist policy wordings from underwriters who have demonstrated excellence and deep understanding of your risk exposures. We have analysed a wide range of policy wordings and have selected only the best for our panel. Our advisers have a deep working knowledge of these policies
9. An intelligently designed portfolio of protection across multiple asset classes and territories
10. Advice on how best to manage your risks - to keep you safe but also to keep insurance costs down
11. Expert guidance on valuations, security and risk management, and connecting you with specialist advisers and suppliers
12. Direct phone, mobile and email access to your adviser for questions and advice. We aim to respond to emails within 60 minutes
13. Policy documents emailed to you - no logins and passwords to remember
14. An advocate beside you if you make a claim - thinking laterally to mitigate the impact, making useful connections to get you back up and running; driving through to a swift and fair financial settlement
*subject to availability with our insurer panel