If you’ve decided to project-manage your renovation, refurbishment or extension, it’s vital that you have the right renovation insurance in place.
Dream home or investment property, if you do opt to self-manage your renovation insurance in your project, you need to insure not only the existing structure but also the works in progress – as well as buying employer’s liability cover if labour-only sub-contractors are being employed direct. In addition, plant hire firms will require you to insure hired-in machinery before they’ll release equipment. And the problem of arranging insurance for unoccupied properties pending and during renovation has often been an issue for buyers trying to complete on a sale. Listed properties and barn conversions are a particular problem under most home-builder policies.
Often insurers will only offer fire cover, which won't meet a lender’s requirements, leaving buyers faced with a limited range of highly expensive insurance policies - some costing ten times the standard rate or more. Renovators also need to have some public liability insurance cover in place to ensure that if a contractor or other person injures themselves in the property, they won't be fighting a civil action alone.
La Playa’s Renovation Insurance provides a flexible and comprehensive solution for renovators, including cover for:
Don’t let “computer says no” insurers put you off your dream project – email us for more information and a competitive quotation.
Richard S, Private Client
La Playa's Personal Risk Concierge service means advice you can trust - from an expert who understands you:
Independent and specialist
As an independent broker, we can advise on the best policies available - and on risk management measures including valuations, security, fire prevention and property marking - preserving the value of your property and giving you complete peace of mind. We have access to excellent terms with market-leading high net worth insurers.
In-house Wealth Management
We see insurance as integral to your financial planning - and our in-house financial advice team provides Wealth Management, Pensions and Financial Planning; a joined up approach with a team of advisers working for your best financial interests - all under one roof.
What does “Boutique Service” actually mean?
La Playa’s Personal Risk Concierge means:
1. A dedicated adviser so you can speak to the same person each time
2. Careful listening to really understand your needs and priorities
3. As much help as you need with completing forms to provide risk information
4. A discreet and complimentary appraisal* of your property to assess the risks and ensure you have the right cover where you need it
5. An independent market review market - so you don’t have to shop around comparing policies, cover limits, risks covered and smallprint exclusions
6. Careful monitoring of the insurers’ financial strength, claims and customer service
7. An independent recommendation of the best policy for you - and, importantly, why
8. Specialist policy wordings from underwriters who have demonstrated excellence and deep understanding of your risk exposures. We have analysed a wide range of policy wordings and have selected only the best for our panel. Our advisers have a deep working knowledge of these policies
9. An intelligently designed portfolio of protection across multiple asset classes and territories
10. Advice on how best to manage your risks - to keep you safe but also to keep insurance costs down
11. Expert guidance on valuations, security and risk management, and connecting you with specialist advisers and suppliers
12. Direct phone, mobile and email access to your adviser for questions and advice. We aim to respond to emails within 60 minutes
13. Policy documents emailed to you - no logins and passwords to remember
14. An advocate beside you if you make a claim - thinking laterally to mitigate the impact, making useful connections to get you back up and running; driving through to a swift and fair financial settlement
*subject to availability with our insurer panel