Dance Schools & Studios Insurance
As a dance school, you can get business insurance from a general insurer, but there are good reasons for working with a specialist broker who understands how the performing arts operate and can provide specialist dance school insurance.
The performing arts, by nature, can often cause complications for insurance, and many non-specialist insurers have fixed (and inaccurate) ideas about the industry – charging high premiums to protect themselves against perceived “high-risk” activities.
La Playa’s Dance Portfolio policy is specially designed for dance schools and studios, combining comprehensive cover with expert advice.
- Property: office contents, computers, hired in equipment, hired/borrowed wardrobe, audio & visual equipment, staging, portable dance flooring, merchandise stock, show DVDs, brochures
- Personal Accident: cover for injury/illness to key staff/teachers
- Business Interruption: protects income streams during physical and technological disruptions (fire, flood, power & telecommunications failure, prevention of access to venue)
- Employers’, Public and Product Liabilities: for staff and parent volunteers, audience, refreshments, merchandise and dancewear. Public liability also covers compliance with the Data Protection Act and health & safety issues
- Money: box office receipts, fees, costume and show DVD sales income, programme/merchandise cash
We can also arrange:
- Business Travel: cover for trips to shows and competitions, visits and exchanges
- Trustee Liability Insurance: your trustees could be held personally liable for financial loss, poor administration (including inadequate insurance), tax errors, dishonesty of an employee, breach of confidentiality, breach of copyright. Give them the protection they deserve!
- Legal Expenses: cover for when things go pear-shaped: defence costs for disputes including tax, VAT, employment and discrimination issues
- Cancellation Insurance: cover against financial loss as a result of cancellation, abandonment, postponement or re-scheduling of an event.
Tracey McCreath ACII
Director, Media, Arts & Entertainment
|Talk to me on
“with La Playa engenders a feeling of complete confidence. The sheer of joy of their professional service made the decision to move our contract very simple. Not to mention that we saved over £3000 in the process!”
Rosie T., Festival Director, Canterbury Festival