The AFO Insurance Scheme
The AFO Insurance Scheme offers a 20% discount on La Playa's Festival Portfolio, a specialist policy for festivals.
The Association of Festival Organisers has teamed up with specialist insurance broker La Playa to help protect festivals from spiralling insurance premiums, inadequate cover and expensive duplications from maintaining multiple non specialist policies.
AFO Insurance Scheme benefits:
- 20% discount for AFO members on Festival Portfolio
- Free initial pension consultation
- Comprehensive cover, tailor-made for festivals
- A broker who understands your organisation
- Expert professional advice
- First class service & claims handling
Are you shipshape with the pension regulations?
The Government's new Pension Laws have come into force, and will significantly impact every employer in the UK - even those with a single employee.
If you're wondering: How much will I have to pay? Are my existing arrangements acceptable? How does this affect my freelance and contract workers? What is "auto-enrolment"? Then get in touch for a FREE initial pension consultation.
Festival Portfolio is exclusively available through La Playa, and is underwritten by arts-friendly QBE Insurance. The Portfolio has been designed by a broker who understands festivals and can negotiate realistic terms with insurers. It helps avoid expensive duplications by covering multiple risks under a single policy, including:
- Property: UK cover for office contents, computers, musical instruments, hired-in equipment, marquees, tents, audio & visual equipment and plant, merchandise stock, CDs, brochures and programmes
- Business Interruption: protects income streams during physical and technological disruptions (fire, flood, power & telecommunications failure, prevention of access to venues)
- Employers’, Public and Product Liabilities: for volunteers, freelancers, audiences, food/drink and merchandise
- Money: box office receipts, fees, subsistence expenses and programme/merchandise cash anywhere in the world
- Trustee Liability Insurance: protecting your Board against allegations of mismanagement or breach of duty
- Legal Expenses: protects your company in employment disputes, health & safety issues, contract disputes and tax issues, and provides an advisory service
- Professional Indemnity: protects against allegations of negligence,breach of duty or mismanagement
We can also arrange:
- Cancellation Insurance: Cancellation cover replaces lost revenue and reimburses expenditure incurred from an event which is necessarily and unavoidably postponed, abandoned, cancelled, curtailed or relocated in circumstances beyond your control. Read our datasheet >>
- Trustee Liability Insurance: protecting your Board against allegations of mismanagement or breach of duty. More >>
- Business Travel: worldwide cover for up to 6 months per trip.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: protects you against allegations of negligence, breach of duty or mismanagement. More >>
“I found the service provided by Paula very welcoming and helpful. Feeling very uncertain about our needs and requirements meant I was a little nervous about the whole process, but Paula was very patient and explained everything simply and slowly.”
Anna P, Festival
"You have made the transition to your company so straightforward and I would like to thank you for that."
Chris H, Festival
Paula Hawthorne ACII
Head of Performing Arts
|Talk to me on
“Thanks very much for your excellent service. You seem to be alone in the whole insurance world in understanding our business and its needs!”