Motor Portfolio Policies
If you own several vehicles, a great way to insure them is to wrap them up with your home insurance on a Portfolio Policy. We can look after your family cars, high performance and classic motors, motorbikes – and your kids’ vehicles too, while they’re still registered at your address.
Motor insurance claims can be the biggest headache of all – but on a Portfolio Policy, it’s like flying Club Class. And for “no-fault” claims (fire, theft, vandalism), there’s no penalty on your next premium. Key benefits of these policies include (depending on the insurer):
- Agreed value: you agree the sum to be replaced if your car is written off. If you claim, there are no quibbles, no deductions.
- Courtesy car comparable with your own
- Don’t need a courtesy car? Some insurers will waive the excess.
- Repairer of your choice: for convenience and peace of mind
- Loss of license cover: up to £150 a week towards travel costs
- Cover for travel expenses if you’re too ill to drive
- Personal plate cover
- No deduction for wear and tear on parts
- Unlimited lock replacement and audio cover when included in agreed value
- Personal effects cover
- Comprehensive cover driving other cars – and for others driving your cars
- Legal and medical expenses for road-rage and car-jacking incidents
- Superb claims service available 24/7
A client’s Aston Martin DB6, inherited from his father, was insured for £100,000. On the way to a family event the DB6 was hit and damaged extensively. The insurer chauffeured the client and his wife to the event, then took the car to his preferred garage. Repairs were estimated at £110,000. Most insurers deem a car a write-off if repairs cost over 60% of its value. With a Portfolio Policy the client could choose a £100,000 cash payment – but because of the sentimental value he chose repair. The insurer paid over the Agreed Value and charged no excess as it was a total loss. The car was returned in 6 weeks in perfect order.
Account Executive, Private Client
|Talk to me on
“Friendly, intelligent, up to the mark and full of common sense.”
Richard S, Private Client